Arthur Ashe Stadium Rules
As one of the most prominent stadiums in the world, this facility has stringent rules. Thus, it is extremely important for visitors to pay attention and fully adhere to the rules set by USTA. These rules are shown on the US Open website but not on the stadium’s website. However, we have accumulated the rules into a few lists as below:
- Hard coolers or like containers
- Sealed packages of any kind
- Bottles or cans (glass or metal)
- Aerosol cans or noise-making devices
- Video cameras or recording devices (except for cell phones and SLR cameras with video or recording capabilities)
- Computers or laptops
- Animals (unless a service animal)
- Flags, banners or signs
- Any materials constituting unauthorized advertising or promotion
- Laser pointing devices
- Tennis racquets
- Drones (UAS-Unmanned Aircraft Systems) or other model aircraft
- Selfie-sticks or other telescopic devices
- Any other items deemed inappropriate or dangerous by US Open personnel, in their sole discretion
Code of Conduct
Every visitor plays an important role in making sure that the experience at Arthur Ashe Stadium is enjoyable and memorable. Visitors are responsible for their own safety at all times when at the stadium. However, if any visitors found to be a nuisance to others, they will be extradited from the stadium to ensure a good experience for all other visitors. Removed guests will not receive any refund and may face possible arrest due to misconduct.
Kindly follow the Guest Code of Conduct at all times while at the venue:
- Clothing or accessories with indecent, inappropriate, or offensive messaging or imagery are banned
- Use of foul, abusive, offensive or inappropriate language or gestures, and any inappropriate behavior that creates a disruptive atmosphere for other guests may result in the offender being ejected from the venue and no refund will be provided
- Do not enter upon any tennis court pre-game, during, or post-game
- Even though alcohol is permitted, kindly consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible and lawful manner to avoid causing nuisance
- No fan/user based video streaming apps and video recording devices are allowed to record on-court action or activities
- Show your ticket upon request and only sit in your designated seat accordingly
- Follow instructions from event staff regarding event operations or emergency procedures and be respectful towards them
- Umbrellas are not allowed to be opened during play (in fact, you won’t need to!)
- No smoking is allowed in the venue
Several important security measures will be implemented in conjunction with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies for the safety of fans:
- Guests are encouraged to arrive early to avoid delays and help speed the entry of all spectators
- All guests will go through a screening process before going through the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center entry gates
- Only one bag per person is permitted to be admitted onto the Grounds.
- All bags are subject to be searched by security personnel and must not be larger than 12”W x 12”H x 16”L
- There will be no bag storage services provided on the Grounds. However, for a nominal charge, there are bag storage facilities located outside the East Gate and the South Gate entrances.
- For guests without bags, there will be Speed Lines available at the East Gate and the South Gate entrances.
We ask you to be mindful and respectful of other guests and those around you.
and of course Rule #1 …. Enjoy the show!